How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2431
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Stepmother in Md. refusing to allow any contact with

Customer Question

Stepmother in Md. refusing to allow any contact with disabled adult by mother or siblings after father death.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has been 3mo. trie to call on his birthday 3/9 no and or call back . Chris is 42 and mentally disabled. She (his step moth) is his advocate but not legal guardian.
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

The best records would be for a suitable family member to petition for guardianship in the Maryland Circuit Courts. There are packets of forms being developed so you can do this without an attorney, but they are not yet complete. You may want to check with your local courts to see if they have created local guardianship packets or instructions. If not, you would have to hire an attorney to prepare the petition for you. Do you have any other questions?

Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

*recourse, not records.

Related Family Law Questions