Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My wife took my kids to a shelter and won't make contact

Customer Question

my wife took my kids to a shelter and won't make contact with me
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I told her to leave after an argument but I didn't really think she would leave littertly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in Hesperia,ca I understand that she does not want to talk to me but what about my 12yr old daughter as he should be able to use phone to call me to let me know there alright why did she go to domestic violence shelter?if I was abusing her why didn't she call the cops?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) What do you wish to accomplish here - do you want visitation with the child, or, managing custody?

2) Does she have any history of drugs or alcohol? Has there been any family violence (if so, please explain)?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!