How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16624
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband & I have been separated year now, recently he has

Customer Question

My husband & I have been separated for a year now, recently he has stop payments on the car & insurance. leaving my children & with no means of transportation either to drive them to school or go to work. we need help & need to go to Las Vegas to be with family. there I will be able to get back on my feet. so far he has an attorney no court order to say I have to stay. What can I do?? Will I be force to stay? without a job??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
filing for divorce can a spouse prevent a parent from taking her children out of state for financial reasons?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, yes.

One spouse / parent can ask the court to restrict the custodial parent from moving out of state or even more than 50 miles from the current residence and the court reviews such issues on a case by case basis, and the judge examines carefully all of the specific factors related to the actual case at hand and would make a decision based on what will be in the best interest of the minor children, as to whether permit or restrict custodial parent when it comes to moving out of state.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.