How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2429
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband, daughter, and I live in California. My husbands

Customer Question

My husband, daughter, and I live in California. My husbands first wife & 1 biological daughter lives in Texas, how or where do we file child support papers?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

Is your husband seeking to establish or modify a child support order as to his daughter that lives in Texas? If there is an order already, in which state is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They got divorced in GA. We are looking to modify it based on cost of living & salary. California & Texas has a significant cost of living difference.
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

If either party wants to modify, they have to modify in the state where the other parent lives. So if your husband initiates modification, he will have to do so in Texas. Do you have any further questions?

Related Family Law Questions