How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The baby's mom will not allow my son to see m, because she

Customer Question

The baby's mom will not allow my son to see him, because she wants him to pay $200 a week, but he can't afford that. He's paying her $100 a week. Can my son put himself on child support.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no. He wants to go ahead and put himself on child support so that he can request visitation rights.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Family Lawyer responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Your son cannot put himself on child support. However, you can file a petition with the family court to establish paternity and to determine the amount of child support you need to pay as well as a timesharing agreement for you to see your son.

Your baby's mother is not permitted to keep you from seeing your son due to payment or nonpayment of child support.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The baby's mom just called me and cursed me out!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We want to petition the court for visitation rights.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son wants to go ahead and pay child support through the courts. This girl has no respect and does not respond well to anything. She sounds like she has medical problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has already established paternity.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Right, but you will still need to petition the court to establish the child support payment and the timesharing.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

You will need to get a timesharing agreement down because the amount of child support to be paid depends on income and custody of the child.

Related Family Law Questions