Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I filed no contest divorce i had a question about which

Customer Question
i filed for a no...
i filed for a no contest divorce i had a question about which forms are required
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no im just doing it myself ive already filed most of them and have waited the 90 days.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I just cant find form 14 anywhere on the internet.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: she lives in ca and has for the last 8 months.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
3/9/2016
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. You say you have already filed for divorce. While there is no such thing as a no-contest divorce, I'm wondering why you need to know what forms to use if you have already filed for divorce? Did you not use forms to file for divorce?

2. What state are you suing for divorce in? You say your wife lives in CA, but that doesn't mean that the divorce is proceeding in CA.

3. What is form 14 that you are referring to? What is the form for? Is that what your question is about---form 14?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe it has been 90 days since I filed as of march 4th. She mailed me the waiver of notice and affidavit of consent. Hopefully they do not need to be notarized. I could not find a form 14 anywhere which the divorce packet says to fill out. it says its a divorce information sheet. So, can I file the papers she signed and I do i need form 14 in allegheny county? Im in Pgh PA. I am using the packet provided here: http://www.pacourts.us/learn/representing-yourself/divorce-proceedings Its a no fault mutual consent divorce.

Good evening,

Here is a link to the Allegheny County Cover Sheet for divorce actions:http://www.alleghenycounty.us/uploadedFiles/Allegheny_Home/Dept_-_Content/Court-Records/Civil/cover_family.pdf

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no its not a cover sheet. I have that already. If you read the packet it specifically states a form 14. Its ok if you cant find it, no one has been able to as far as ive tried.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You also didnt say if I had to have them notarized. I am fine with just dropping this I can go to the courthouse and find out I wanted someone who was familiar with pa divorce law.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law