Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What steps should I take if my grandchildren's parents

Customer Question
abandon them with us?...
What steps should I take if my grandchildren's parents abandon them with us?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
3/8/2016
Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 1 year ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

You can file for third party custody. To prevail, you would have to prove that the biological parents are unfit or that the biological parents waived their conditional parenting rights. (The latter is more common with same sex parents. Once you have proven this, the court will then decide if It's in the children's best interests to live with you. You need any additional information?

S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney