Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

IF DCFS HAS A RED FLAG WARNING IN UTAH BY TAKING A NEWBORN…

Customer Question
IF DCFS HAS A RED...
IF DCFS HAS A RED FLAG WARNING IN UTAH BY TAKING A NEWBORN FROM THERE PARENTS AFTER BIRTH WOULD THAT MEAN DCFS WOULD HAVE A RED FLAG WARNING ALSO IN ANOTHER STATE LIKE CALIFORNIA.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
3/8/2016
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Each state has their own Department of Child and Family Services. The states can share information, but do not have a synchronized database across all 50 states. Unless the red flag in Utah was created by a FBI criminal record, it's unlikely that California would also have the same red flag - especially if the person has never lived there. It's not impossible, and states can communicate, but this isn't something that's put automatically in a centralized system. Most likely, someone would have to alert Child Protective Services in California if they had reason to believe a parent presented a danger to their child.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.