How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please help me!!! Please! My boyfriends ex wife keeps

Customer Question

Please help me!!! Please! My boyfriends ex wife keeps calling Cps on me; so far unfounded. She is targeting me because her husband divorced her and is now with me. I am a good mother to my children and her's. What can I do legally to end/Stop this??? It's hurting me, my children, her children and my emotional sanity!! Not to mention my livelihood, as I'm an elder caregiver. I just want this to end!! Please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

It is a crime and one can be arrested for filing false child abuse reports. In New York State it is a class A misdemeanor (Penal Code Subdivision 3, subsection 240.50). So your first step should be to report the person in question and call the police. Even if it is only simply investigated and nothing concrete found leading to an arrest, it might be enough to get her to stop. According to New York State law, it is the district attorney’s responsibility to investigate and prosecute cases where false reports of child abuse are made. Claiming that the calls were anonymous is no excuse for failing to investigate. If this continues then you should contact your congressman and try to put pressure on as many people as possible to cure this. It might be difficult but there is not much more you can do unfortunately.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?