Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband already pays 1300 a month support kids, and s son…

Customer Question
My husband already pays 1300...
My husband already pays 1300 a month for child support for 2 kids, and his son decided to live in Colorado full time, and my husband will start having to pay child support on him. My husband makes 46000 a yr, with a 2000 dollar mortage. He is at the max on what he has to pay on first 2 kids. How do we calculate how much he will have to pay on 3 Rd kid? And is there any chance of the 1300 going down at all so he can afford the child support coming up on his son?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
3/8/2016
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Colorado has forms online that can be used to calculate how much your husband might be ordered to pay. You can also try this online calculator, although it's not created by the state, so it might not be as accurate.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/Forms_List.cfm?Form_Type_ID=93

http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/childsupport/colorado

The calculation does consider the amount of child support being paid for other children. Once he has a court order for that third child, Texas law allows him to request a modification of the support being paid to the older two children.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.