Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been married years. My husband was a viet nam veteran…

Customer Question
Hello, My name is ***** *****...
My name is ***** ***** I have been married for 45 years. My husband was a viet nam veteran that was there for approximately 6 weeks. (1965-1966) About 1 1/2 years ago he was awarded 100% disability for several things. He gets a monthly check in the amount of 3415.00 per month besides his retirement check. I have decided to divorce because of abuse. He told me I would under no circumstances get any of his VA DISABILITY PAY. We live in California. I read that it cannot be considered as community property, but can be considered as spousal support. I have seen two family law attorneys and still unsure of the answer. I would like to know if I can get spousal support from the VA disability pay or is my husband right? Thank You! Debra
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/7/2016
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 30 years and I handle family law issues.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Hi Debra,

You asked for the phone call which is a Premium Service and I made that offer to you. Do you still need help? In order for me to call you I will need for you to accept the call offer and then provide me with your phone number.

I look forward to speaking with you,

Doug