Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a notice of contempt against myself and my business…

Customer Question
I have a notice...

I have a notice of contempt against myself and my business for not filling out form 1.977 under oath can i fill the forms and return them to the best of my ability will this relieve me of the contempt

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

A judgement for repairs on a vehicle accident trial that we lost

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
3/7/2016
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This would likely not have the party be held in contempt, then. However, the other party that filed the contempt may still be able to collect attorney and legal fees for filing the contempt motion if the motion was not filed frivolously.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!