Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was PoA for my uncle. My Aunt who is a fellon decided she…

Customer Question
I was PoA for...

I was PoA for my uncle. My Aunt who is a fellon decided she didn't like how I was handling his affairs. So without my knowledge she took him and had the Poa change

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

She had him file a civil suite against me. Around Feb. 4.....my father has been very ill and passed away Feb.16....Needless to say that was way more important than the suite. So no I have not consulted an attorney. That is why I am trying to get an appointment with a reasonable attorney.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?

This is my mother's brother and sister. My uncle Joe Sheridan has told my mom and other people that he approved all monies that was spent and that I owe him nothing. My Aunt Faye has a bad reputation as a method dealer. ..she did federal time for that. She shot and killed her first husband in the 1960 and got away it. She is trying to sue Iva sc police dept. Now for her last husband so death. I am telling you this because my mother was very close to her brother Joe and Faye her sister has not allowed my Mom or anyone else to see him since January . Because she knows he will say I want nothing but my neice so love. We are very concerned about his wellbeing. If anyone calls to try to talk to him she says he's asleep. I need advice. We all know she just wants his money. Please if you can help me. ....Janet Lee (###) ###-####Thank you

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Are you asking if a person is permitted to make a change to their POA?