How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118793
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a disabled 7 year old son. s father will soon be

Customer Question

I have a disabled 7 year old son. His father will soon be released from prison with a felony assault charge. The child support order written while he was incarcerated placed no contact for his father while he was in prison. Does he legally have visitation rights upon release even with no comtact do to a prior family violence charge? Can I have legal liability if he is in contact with our son?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unless you get a new no contact order and custody order, he has a right to visitation and to make contact upon release. So, you need to go back to court again to get the order extended, which the court will do based on the family violence charge, to continue beyond his release from prison. If he has a family violence charge and you have good cause to believe he would still be a danger to your child, then the court can extend the no contact order.