How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16623
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our son was served divorce papers this am in the state of

Customer Question

Our son was served divorce papers this am in the state of Tennessee. His wife is claiming he is an unfit parent and she has taken the two children in an undisclosed place. She has taken out a restraining order against him. There have never been any documented abuse situations in the past. She is from Canada and we are afraid she will run to Canada with them. He is unable to contact his own lawyer since this is Sunday. Can he do anything today to be sure the children are safe and keep her from fleeing with the children?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Unfortunately, unless the son has any evidence that the minor children are in some type of imminent danger or risk or imminent physical harm (in which case such situation can be reported to the police), there is not much else that can be done on the weekend and on Monday, your son's local attorney can file necessary documents with the court, to request an Emergency hearing to address all the issues related to the minor children.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.