How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a 7 year old with autism. With autism there is no

Customer Question

Hi. We have a 7 year old with autism. With autism there is no awareness of stranger danger. Our neighbor directly across the street has a nephew with a meth addiction. I have seen countless drug deals and exchanges occur in the driveway. These are know drug dealers by the Culver City Police Department. We have a police officer who has relatives in the property next door and even he can't do anything directly about this issue. A case that would be necessary for narcotics to be involved is if it was larger than what I assume is considered peddling and nothing can actually be done now unless caught in the act of a crime. The Uncle refuses to force him into rehab, or do anything to contain the situation, even now with pressure from local Neighborhood Watch, continued calls to the police, even a call put into the city, continues to do nothing. The 2 tenets living on the property ignore it because he has "stolen" from them. I was directly accused by the Uncle who came to my door yesterday for being a "rat" and calling the city. I have called the police a number of times as per the instruction of the police officer, but was accused of being the only person witnessing these issues, which he has repeatedly said he was in control of, which is ludicrous. I told him to leave my property and not come back. He then called and text my husband at work harassing him as well. My husband used the legal wording actually derived from another state law stating that "This note will serve as a demand that you do not enter or come upon the premises located at...", as his response. Which was met with cursing and then basically returned the text with the same wording to us, telling us to mind our own "f-ing" business. We have spent a great deal of money making our home as safe as possible both for our son and for us. But are in considerable fear of someone approaching our child, although he is never left on his own. But realistically, if I walk ahead of him as he rolls his backpack down the sidewalk after school to open the door with groceries, or some simple scenario such as this, we are in fear of not only our disabled son being targeted, but ourselves and our property.
Is there any legal protection we can take to protect ourselves and our son from such a situation. A restraining order is actually quite complicated to achieve without actual direct harassment. This is an upscale middle class neighborhood. We moved here for the benefit of our son, and of course, to be homeowners.
Can you please direct me to any legalities that might protect our son?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Jeannie,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs.

I have been a AC licensed, litigation attorney for more than 30 years, and I have handled several thousand cases. What you are asking for is all but impossible to respond to adequately in this written format, and in my experience is only practical to approach in a phone conversation.

If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. If you are not interested just let me know and I will be happy to opt out. Perhaps someone else will be able to assist you.


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help?