How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to get a legal dna test done. My son wants to know if he

Customer Question

How to get a legal dna test done. My son wants to know if he is the father. He does not want custody. He just wants to provide for the child
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Your son can get a DNA test of him and the child he thinks may be his by having the test done through a DNA testing facility nearby or even by mail.

He will need to approval of the mother to have the child tested though.

Here is a link to just one of many business that can assist your son in getting the DNA tests accomplished and the determination of paternity proven one way or the other:***-***-****&gdnis=4190&gclid=bingads

Alternatively, your son could file a suit in court for a Determination of Paternity and the court will order that the DNA tests be done. This is a good way to deal with the issue if the mother will not consent to the DNA test to be done outside of a court order.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.


This seems like a very crucial matter for you and your family, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal additional charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,