How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118175
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a bench warrant issued in pa relations. ..i have had

Customer Question

I had a bench warrant issued in pa for domestic relations. ..i have had so many problems with this over yrs every couple mnths i have one issued they pick me up i pay 2500 and same thing all over i have for 17yrs trued every Avenue u have never seen the child but have filled many many times for visitation and custody it has cuased me to loose jobs relationships now my mind almost and freedom the child turns 18 in five mnths wen i learned of warrent this time i left can not do this anymore ..will they pursue me in California and wat happens at 18
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you go to CA and are stopped by the police, you can be detained and arrested in CA. Once arrested, it would depend on whether or not PA agrees to extradite you back to PA at their cost as to whether or not you would be held or released. In most of these cases, PA will not pay to extradite you and as such you would be released and not held. However, this is solely up to the prosecutor in PA as to whether or not they will pay to bring you back to PA. It is always best to try to resolve these matters and get the warrant recalled, which usually can be done using a local attorney going to court with you and getting the matter resolved without you being actually arrested. If you do not do so, the warrant can pop up at any time you are stopped by the police in CA or any other state and cause you headaches.