How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Gail. I've been divorced 34 yrs from an attorney who handled

Customer Question

Gail. I've been divorced 34 yrs from an attorney who handled the divorce but didn't represent me. He got the house, I got the car. I was confused. The divorce decree was altered so that he paid me maintenance 2 1/2 yrs rather than 3 yrs. Do I have any claim to his house which is now appraised at $576000?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What are you looking for?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You probably need to know my email :***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please send answer to my email. Thanks.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You have been divorced for 34 years? You did not dispute this back at that time?