Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Gail. I've been divorced 34 yrs from an attorney who handled…

Customer Question
Gail. I've been divorced...

Gail. I've been divorced 34 yrs from an attorney who handled the divorce but didn't represent me. He got the house, I got the car. I was confused. The divorce decree was altered so that he paid me maintenance 2 1/2 yrs rather than 3 yrs. Do I have any claim to his house which is now appraised at $576000?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

What are you looking for?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
You probably need to know my email :***@******.***
Please send answer to my email. Thanks.
3/4/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You have been divorced for 34 years? You did not dispute this back at that time?