How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19320
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is involved in grandparent rights when DHS is involved?

Customer Question

What is involved in grandparent rights when DHS is involved? How do we get them and what can we expect?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Grandparents have visiting rights in the state of Oregon.

You must petition the Court to grant you visitation rights. The Court can only approve your petition if it is in the best interest of the child.

You can obtain petition form online or at the Courthouse in the County where the child resides.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The child currently lives with us(the grandparents) and his mother. DHS just allowed unsupervised visits with the father who beat my daughter in front of my grandson. He is supposed to be with this father (that he doesn't really know) from 8-4 today. What if they don't bring him back? There currently is no legal custody, is there any way that he can keep him since he would then have physical custody?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information. However, the father's right to visitation was not a part of your initial post regarding grandparents' rights. The policy of this site requires that you post your new issue regarding the father on a new thread.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Related Family Law Questions