Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can Child welfare who know has custody of my son but i still…

Customer Question
Can Child welfare who know...
Can Child welfare who know has custody of my son but i still have physical custody over ride the visitations i have set up in my restraining order for the other parent?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
3/4/2016
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

No. Only a Court can modify the visitation Order.

without legal custody is there any way they could somehow keep him by obtaining some sort of temporary or emergency custody?

I am sorry, but I do not understand your follow-up question.

Kindly clarify

Since there is no legal custody, only physical custody for the child is there anyway they could do something that would allow them to keep the child and not return him at 4pm per the visitation orders?

Thank you for the information.

The answer is NO

What if they don't show up to pick him up at the appointed time? Am I free to leave and go about my day?

Yes

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for answering your questions.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law