How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34509
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been divorced years and now would like to change my

Customer Question

I have been divorced for 28 years and now would like to change my name back to my maiden name. How do I do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you verify, this is in MS?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adams County, Mississippi
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.


This is something you can do yourself.

You would need to apply for this change to the Chancery Court (so Adams County Chancery Court).

You can contact the clerk of the court if they have a specific form...if not, you can use this form

YOu need to have the form notarized prior to submitting

Head to the court and talk to the clerk of the court to file this form.

The court MAY schedule a hearing...or they may approve without a hearing.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.