Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My brother lives in w,va and the mother of s three children…

Customer Question
my brother lives in w,va...
my brother lives in w,va and the mother of his three children never filed for child support until the three kids where the age of 23 and older he was never court ordered to pay or never went to court until that time can they do that your add read free
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
my brother and the kids mother never married and lived together with the kids up until the kids was all in high school the oldest two lived with our brother in ohio and went to school for a year hey both was added to his medical card issued by the state of ohio
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/4/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

My understanding is that the claim would be barred by the statute of limitations. Your brother needs to file a respomse arguing that this claim is barred by the statute of limitations. Here is a good resource. http://www.child-support-collections.com/statutes/west-virginia.html

If you have no further questions a positive rating of the assistance would be appreciated.