How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 38253
Experience:  Attorney with 17 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a man owes child support years in Colorado and now lives

Customer Question

If a man owes child support for 18 years in Colorado and now lives in Pennsylvania under the wire and I know where he is, can he still be held responsible while in Pennsylvania?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

can he still be held responsible while in Pennsylvania?


Yes, under the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) it allows any state to enforce another state's child support order. The recipient just has to register the order in the foreign state so that it can be enforced by that foreign state's child support enforcement agency. There is no statute of limitations on delinquent child support in CO.