Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I live in delaware, i have custody of my daughter, due to

Customer Question
asbestos in my home...
i live in delaware, i have custody of my daughter, due to asbestos in my home , my daughter and I were forced to move ..I explained to my ex that we would have to switch weekends for his visit... He went to police station and had me arrested for contempt .then while i was in jail he filed motion for emergency ex parte order, On the order he said I was arrested for attempting to abscond the jurisdiction with our daughter.. We stayed in the same county we were living in, I have all the reciepts showing we are living in a 2 bedroom hotel suite with full kitchen bedrooms livingroom etc. ..they granted temporary guardianship, a hearing on the motion was held couple days later , before i was released...now my daughter is in pennsylvania ,i spoke with my daughter who is very upset and wants to come home, and she told me he has been leaving her at his first ex wifes place, (whom was found by the court to be a drug addict and unfit parent and took her son away from her ) my daughter is now in an unsafe place, what is the fastest way i can get this overturned and get her back home? My daughter is very upset and I am worried for her safety. My ex has 5 pages of convictions for drugs, assaults and other violent crimes, and is leaving her with someone who also has many drug convictions...please help me so that i can get my daughter home and out of the unsafe environment she is in....thank you...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
3/3/2016
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Have you gotten a notice for a hearing on a permanent modification yet? The emergency ex parte order should be only temporary.

Also, what does the order say? Did the judge grant your ex sole custody?

Ely, Counselor at Law