How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118130
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question as to how I should fill out the Judgment

Customer Question

Good morning. My name is Becky. I have a question as to how I should fill out the Judgment Form is the parties have already filed a stipulation with the Court and a Settlement Agreement. To finalize the divorce I need to submit the Judgment and Notice of Entry of Judgment for the Judge to complete correct? Even though neither party needs to appear in court is this right?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Originally the soon to be ex spouse would not agree to sign any of the Settlement Agreements offered to her. We then filed for a bifurcated trial requesting also that the court order a forensic CPA. Two days before the trial date the spouse ran down to the court and apparently filed a Stipulation, Waiver and the Settlement Agreement. Now the case is just pending with the court. How do we get this divorce completed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Once the settlement and stipulation is entered, you would file the notice and motion for entry of final judgment of divorce to ask the court to enter the final orders. In the motion for entry, you need to inform the court that the stipulation and settlement was entered and no other issues are pending in the matter and attach copies to the motion for entry of final judgment to have the court enter the order even if neither party appears in court.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
In response to your new question, please use REPLY here so we can keep everything together.
You file the motion with a proposed order for final judgment of divorce with the clerk and generally the court will sign the order within 30 days (depending on how busy the court is at the time it is submitted).