Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Is it possible to file abuse against a parent who has been

Customer Question
Is it possible to file...
Is it possible to file for domestic abuse against a parent who has been psychologically and emotionally abusive from childhood to the present day?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
3/3/2016
Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 1 year ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

Are you talking about getting a criminal case started, suing for money or getting a restraining order?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry about the delayed response. I'm not sure what avenue I'm planning to take in relation to this case. I would like to talk to a family lawyer first.
This would definitely not qualify for a criminal case. The most common action in such a case is a restraining order, but most states only allow for restraining orders when there has been physical abuse or a threat of physical abuse. In what state is this?
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney