Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am due in tax court on Monday and I need to file a

Customer Question
continuance. I have not...
I am due in tax court on Monday and I need to file a continuance. I have not secured council and I have a work obligation that will not let me be in court. The prosecutors office told me they will not object to a motion for continuance.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
3/2/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us on this matter?
I don't know what to do and I don't know how to file a continuance.
Thank you for your reply.
Here is a sample of a motion for continuance, YOU MUST PUT IN YOUR OWN FACTS AND REASONS, do not copy the ones in the motion, with the exception that you are pro se and trying to hire counsel. You also need to change the location of the tax court to the proper state if it is not in DC. See: http://www.patriotnetwork.info/Wane_Mot_Contin.htm