Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My nameis ***** ***** and my issue is my ex husband is

Customer Question
My nameis ***** *****...

My nameis ***** ***** and my issue is my ex husband is trying to sue me for money he feels i did not contribute sufficiently to medical bills, our divorce was 7 years ago, my children are 23 and 19 and i make 13,000 a year, i just relieved an inheritance from my fathers death and he is threatening if i do not give him 20000 he will bury me

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Our divorce states that we will pay 50/50 of medical overages after insurance but also states he is supposed to submit all receipts and bills to me by mail, also states he needs to pre approve any extra costs such as recreation, and vehicles to me for approval before purchases by e mail and then we are supposed to agree to them, now he wants it all back and never adhered to either one of those terms. he just wants the inheritance

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
3/2/2016
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Was this supposed to be for your children's medical overages, recreation, and vehicles?

.

Were you supposed to have the recreation and vehicle proposed expenses run by you for approval prior to incurring those expenses?

.

And you are saying he never notified you about them, just went ahead and spent the money?

.

How long ago were the expenses incurred?

.

.

thanks