How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27467
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

CA Cps is asking my permission to conduct a physical exam

Customer Question

CA Cps is asking my permission to conduct a physical exam and an interview with my daughter due to allegations that my wife is treating her different from the other kids. Should I allow that?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


CPS is an enormously powerful agency, and if they have reason to believe that a child may be risk, the state requires them to investigate. CPS is notorious for pushing their weight around, for stepping all over parents' rights, and even for fabricating facts and evidence to support their findings. Even worse, judges tend to believe CPS.

You have the right to refuse to allow CPS to conduct a physical exam of your daughter and interview you until they show up with a warrant. However, because of the power that the state allows them to have, in the end, when CPS wants to investigate and examine your daughter, they will do so, bringing this to court if they have to. And, if they have to go to court they are very likely to try to convince the judge that the reason that this became a courtroom issue is because you and your wife have something to hide.

The bot***** *****ne here is that you're daughter is going to get interviewed and examined and it's only a question of when and where. If you want to exercise your rights, you should line up a local family lawyer.