How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Nursing home is in a civil suit against someone.

Customer Question

Nursing home is in a civil suit against someone. Administrator of home called me today, and asked if I will speak to their attorney. My name came up because it was in the medical chart. I'm a nurse. Should I cancel tomorrow that this is not in my best interest to meet their attorney alone? far as I know, I am not being sued. I'd know. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

What is your involvement in the case? Also, is your employer asking you to speak to its lawyer (are you employed by the nursing home)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roger, since my name came up in the chart I'm assuming I was this patient's nurse. Don't know too much more details about the case. I was employed full time, worked with this nursing home 1 year, then went as needed and have not worked a shift for them in 6 months.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are requesting I speak with their attorney tomorrow. Not my current employer. I'm full time somewhere else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Roger, has this helped?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - I'm sorry, but my computer went down and I've just now gotten back up.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok. If you worked for this employer and they're asking you to speak with its lawyer (which would essentially be your lawyer too as you'd have protections as an employee under respondeat superior), it is likely nothing to be concerned with.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

That said, if you face any issues or if you believe that the questions are getting too invasive or like they're trying to pin something on you, you can always stop the discussion and seek counsel.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions