Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I need to have Family Lawyer help me fight a issue in duval…

Customer Question
I need to have Family...
I need to have Family Lawyer help me fight a issue in duval county, fl child support case. My ex and the mother of my 15 year old daugther put a fraudelent affividavent saying i owe her a substanial amount of child support. I fought it finally was told by child support office to send receipt to show that I had paid before i started paying through the child support system. They received my receipts and said they could see that I been paying and was not deliquent.
Well I thought everything was good until I got a call from an unknown number saying they were child support and wanted me to fax my receipts because they wanted to reopen the case to determine how much I overpaid.
I need a florida family lawyer to advise if I can refuse to send them the receipts (wire transfers, etc) again and request that just cancel her fradulent affividavent? I dont trust them especially the part about they lost my receipts and want to recount so i can the proper credit. I think they are trying to reopen the case and try to find something wrong with my payment or not accept them. i think they only represent the woman. please advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
3/2/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Good evening. Did you get the name of the person who called you and a real number, to call them back to confirm they are with child support? Did you call back and speak with the original person who was handling this to explain to them what happened and see if they can confirm this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He said his name was R. Anderson and he gave me a fax number to send the documents. That is good idea to just call the child support and verify that this was a legitimate call. it could have been a scam or something. But let's assume it was a legitimate call. then do you have any advice how to proceed? I dont want to reopen this case. i dont trust child support department. here fradulent affidavent was for over 80K. i provided receipts for over 100K.

Assuming it is real, you do not have to send over anything at this time. You can advise them that this was already addressed, once she filed the fraudulent affidavit and everything you provided in the past, to clear this up, should be in the file. You should also reference this person to the other person who previously handled this and direct their questions to them. If they want to re-open the case, tell them to send you something in writing, advising of the same and at that time, you will supply what is requested. It could be a scam or she could be doing something again to mess with you and if she does, you could take her back to court and ask the Judge to hold her in contempt and impose sanctions, for her bad acts.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer