How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16630
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dobson, my girlfriend and i are moving to jupiter and woulkd

Customer Question

dick dobson, my girlfriend and i are moving to jupiter and woulkd like to have a financial agreement in lieu of marriage. is this possible
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am 71 and she is 43. I have a net worth around 9M and she may be worth 200k. I need to protect my estate in case we split but want to offer her security. Can we record a simple agreement.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Yes. Generally, in Florida a non-married couple can hire a local attorney to draft some type of an agreement / contract for support and/or assets between the couple and such agreement would be legally enforceable in the same way any other legal contract would be enforced.

You can find an experienced and skilled local civil law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to civil law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters
I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions