Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My mother had a affair 53 years ago and got pregnant with…

Customer Question
My mother had a affair...
My mother had a affair 53 years ago and got pregnant with me. She has lied to me twice before claiming two different men was my father. The last guy she said defected from Russia, but I recently did a dna test and I have zero Russian blood. Do I have any legal legs to stand on to force her to tell me the truth about who is my father?
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/29/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry to say that legally there is no legal process to force a parent to tell a child who their father is. Your mother can legally take the secret to her grave if she chooses an a court cannot order her to tell you or the court anything about it. I am truly sorry, but there is no legal basis for making her disclose and if she refuses to tell you when you ask, then that is the end of it.