How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116743
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother had a affair 53 years ago and got pregnant with

Customer Question

My mother had a affair 53 years ago and got pregnant with me. She has lied to me twice before claiming two different men was my father. The last guy she said defected from Russia, but I recently did a dna test and I have zero Russian blood. Do I have any legal legs to stand on to force her to tell me the truth about who is my father?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry to say that legally there is no legal process to force a parent to tell a child who their father is. Your mother can legally take the secret to her grave if she chooses an a court cannot order her to tell you or the court anything about it. I am truly sorry, but there is no legal basis for making her disclose and if she refuses to tell you when you ask, then that is the end of it.

Related Family Law Questions