Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Can an adoption be stopped after rights have been signed

Customer Question
away under duress?...
Can an adoption be stopped after rights have been signed away under duress?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
2/29/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Duress, under the law, is the threat of illegal action against the person or their family to induce them to sign. If you can prove fraud or duress caused him to sign the adoption, then he needs a local attorney who has to file in court to rescind the adoption and his termination of rights and he bears the burden of proving the fraud or duress to the court.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer