How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118087
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Oregon how do I respond to a motion of supplemental

Customer Question

in Oregon how do I respond to a motion for reconsideration of supplemental judgment filed after petitioner filed an appeal for divorce
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is a very broad question, since we do not know anything about your case, so you would need to narrow down specifically what you would like to know from us and what you already know (so we do not tell you something you know already, like you have to file an Objection to Motion for Reconsideration).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to file a response to the motion of reconsideration of supplemental judgment. First of all the motion states respondent moves for consideration of paragraphs so and so of supplemental judgment entered February 11, 2016. Is the supplemental Judgment referred to also known as the appeal? If not then the Judgment was NOT entered on that date. The appeal was.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
No, the supplemental judgment is not generally an appeal, it may be the other party is misnaming the appeal order, which it sounds like they are doing. So, if they are misclassifying what happened on February 11, you can correct that. Your response is titled Objection to Motion for Reconsideration.
To respond, you go through each argument raised by the party filing the motion and you must answer with your reason why their argument is incorrect and no reconsideration needs to be granted.