Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

In Oregon how do I respond to a motion of supplemental

Customer Question
in Oregon how do I...
in Oregon how do I respond to a motion for reconsideration of supplemental judgment filed after petitioner filed an appeal for divorce
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/29/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is a very broad question, since we do not know anything about your case, so you would need to narrow down specifically what you would like to know from us and what you already know (so we do not tell you something you know already, like you have to file an Objection to Motion for Reconsideration).
I need to file a response to the motion of reconsideration of supplemental judgment. First of all the motion states respondent moves for consideration of paragraphs so and so of supplemental judgment entered February 11, 2016. Is the supplemental Judgment referred to also known as the appeal? If not then the Judgment was NOT entered on that date. The appeal was.
Thank you for your reply.
No, the supplemental judgment is not generally an appeal, it may be the other party is misnaming the appeal order, which it sounds like they are doing. So, if they are misclassifying what happened on February 11, you can correct that. Your response is titled Objection to Motion for Reconsideration.
To respond, you go through each argument raised by the party filing the motion and you must answer with your reason why their argument is incorrect and no reconsideration needs to be granted.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer