Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

What in Louisiana is the law and guide line and desertion of

Customer Question

What in Louisiana is the law and guide line for abandonment and desertion of spouse
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Louisiana courts will grant a divorce if the other spouse has abandoned the matrimonial domicile for a period of one year and constantly refuses to return. You need to speak to a local family law attorney who can begin the process and get you spousal support and other protections that you deserve.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be appreciated as we only get credit for positive ratings.