Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What in Louisiana is the law and guide line and desertion of…

Customer Question
What in Louisiana is the...
What in Louisiana is the law and guide line for abandonment and desertion of spouse
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/29/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Louisiana courts will grant a divorce if the other spouse has abandoned the matrimonial domicile for a period of one year and constantly refuses to return. You need to speak to a local family law attorney who can begin the process and get you spousal support and other protections that you deserve.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be appreciated as we only get credit for positive ratings.