How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9411
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a us citizen who left the us owing child support 19 be

Customer Question

can a us citizen who left the us owing child support for a 19 be extradited from england.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no just a quick yes or no please
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: does this cost money
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: is there a fee for this and if so how much?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

The person cannot be extradited for owing child support or any other civil matter. Extradition only applies in criminal cases. For the person to be extradited, he or she would first have to be charged with a felony and then an arrest warrant would have to issue and then there would have to be an extradition request by the US to the country where the person is located.

I hope this information is helpful.