Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can a us citizen who left the us owing child support 19 be…

Customer Question
Can a us citizen...

Can a us citizen who left the us owing child support for a 19 be extradited from england.

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No just a quick yes or no please

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

Does this cost money

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?

Is there a fee for this and if so how much?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/29/2016
Family Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 2 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

The person cannot be extradited for owing child support or any other civil matter. Extradition only applies in criminal cases. For the person to be extradited, he or she would first have to be charged with a felony and then an arrest warrant would have to issue and then there would have to be an extradition request by the US to the country where the person is located.

I hope this information is helpful.