Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife and I are separated;she is seeing someone else. I…

Customer Question
My wife and I are...
My wife and I are separated;she is seeing someone else. I give her $1500 per month for child support. (2 girls - 2 and 5) However, she is threatening to take me to court to get more money from me. She refuses to give me receipts or a list of expenses.I have always been a hands on Dad. Currently I am in a diversion program and do not have a license. I currently have them 2 days per week. I desperately need legal advice so that I'm not being taken advantage of. I want to do the right thing, and I want this to be a win win. We have not filed for divorce. Thank you so much for any and all assistance.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/29/2016
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Your child support obligation would depend in your income and several other factors.....and it could be that you're paying more now that the law would require. Here's a good link that you can determine what your obligation would be under Oregon law: https://justice.oregon.gov/guidelines/

That said, courts usually will not order child support until/unless the parents are divorcing, divorced or legally separated.