How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31681
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are separated;she is seeing someone else. I

Customer Question

My wife and I are separated;she is seeing someone else. I give her $1500 per month for child support. (2 girls - 2 and 5) However, she is threatening to take me to court to get more money from me. She refuses to give me receipts or a list of expenses.I have always been a hands on Dad. Currently I am in a diversion program and do not have a license. I currently have them 2 days per week. I desperately need legal advice so that I'm not being taken advantage of. I want to do the right thing, and I want this to be a win win. We have not filed for divorce. Thank you so much for any and all assistance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Your child support obligation would depend in your income and several other factors.....and it could be that you're paying more now that the law would require. Here's a good link that you can determine what your obligation would be under Oregon law:

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

That said, courts usually will not order child support until/unless the parents are divorcing, divorced or legally separated.

Related Family Law Questions