How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-wife divorced me in 1990 without my knowledge. She

Customer Question

My ex-wife divorced me in 1990 without my knowledge. She asked for child support for 4 children $200.00 a month per child. At the time I was unaware and unemployed. in 2000 I discovered that I owed support and was divorced. I do not owe any money to the State of california, my children are very grown, but child support continues to be taken from my salary. How can I stop it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you have paid all child support that is owed, and if your children are over age 18, you should be able to stop child support. In order to do this, you would have to file a motion with the court to end child support. Here's a good link you can read: