Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex-wife divorced me in 1990 without my knowledge. She…

Customer Question
My ex-wife divorced me in...
My ex-wife divorced me in 1990 without my knowledge. She asked for child support for 4 children $200.00 a month per child. At the time I was unaware and unemployed. in 2000 I discovered that I owed support and was divorced. I do not owe any money to the State of california, my children are very grown, but child support continues to be taken from my salary. How can I stop it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/29/2016
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you have paid all child support that is owed, and if your children are over age 18, you should be able to stop child support. In order to do this, you would have to file a motion with the court to end child support. Here's a good link you can read: http://www.courts.ca.gov/1200.htm