How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you have a warrant misdemeanor in Michigan, can an

Customer Question

If you have a warrant for a misdemeanor in Michigan, can an outside party (someone that hates you) pay to have you extradited out of Florida?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Interstate extradition is pretty rare and occurs mostly for serious felonies not likely for a misdemeanor. Most likely Michigan would ask the Florida court to enforce the warrant and arrest you. Then they might try you or pursue the case in Florida.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've gotten pulled over and the police just tell me that there is one in MI and I should take care of it. But can someone that hates me pay them to make them pursue me?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

No I have never seen or heard of such a thing happening.

Related Family Law Questions