Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Ex is in arrears in child support. He has a legal US

Customer Question
Ex is in arrears for...
Ex is in arrears for 70k in child support.
He has a legal US passport, and can be denied renewal, however as his is still VALID for many years and I am afraid he will fee, is there any way to REVOKE the current passport as he is a flight risk? There is no information on the net about this, only about non renewal
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/28/2016
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

You can file Motion with the Court and request that the Court order him to surrender his Passport to the Court because he is 70k in arrears and a flight risk. You can obtain blank Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.