How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19283
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ex is in arrears in child support. He has a legal US

Customer Question

Ex is in arrears for 70k in child support.
He has a legal US passport, and can be denied renewal, however as his is still VALID for many years and I am afraid he will fee, is there any way to REVOKE the current passport as he is a flight risk? There is no information on the net about this, only about non renewal
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You can file Motion with the Court and request that the Court order him to surrender his Passport to the Court because he is 70k in arrears and a flight risk. You can obtain blank Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.