How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was just reading a question that you answered and I have a

Customer Question

I was just reading a question that you answered and I have a question similar. Just received sheriff's notice to vacate. San Bernardino county. We hired someone to help with eviction process. Scammed out of $150 for motion paperwork. Motion was filed and later we received a letter prior to our court date saying the motion was filed in error and the judgement was granted against us. We don't know what to do. We have 2 small children in the apartment and no where to go. We just need more time we are struggling on welfare and ssi low income family.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

Have you contacted the legal aid office in your area for free assistance? They may be able to help you with a Motion to Set Aside the Judgment and to Stay Execution of the Writ. However, you would have to get your emergency hearing done before you are actually removed from the property.

Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

It is not a form, so I cannot give you a sample of this motion. It must be executed by a lawyer.

As far as I can see, your only other option is to work on finding a new place to live, even temporarily until you figure something out on a more permanent basis.

Related Family Law Questions