Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Kadey, my issue is in regards to a restraining order. My ex…

Customer Question
Kadey, my issue is...

Kadey, my issue is in regards ***** ***** restraining order.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My ex boyfriend is father of my two children. The 2 yr restraining order has expired. He was ordered not to have contact with myself or the children. Cos was also shortly involved and said that if I took the kids to see him at anytime I could lose custody. But now that it has been 3 1/2 years he wants to see kids.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/26/2016
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

1) Do you want him to see the kids, or not?

2) What state is this in?

3) Is he a danger to the children? Why did the Court warn you not to allow him to see the children?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.