How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2134
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm over thinking, but I

Customer Question

Hi, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm over thinking, but I have another question. So we deterimined that I should have no problem getting full custody of my daughter due to my husband being unfit. Right now all three of us live with my mother because she needs help due to a car accident. would this be used against me in court if he has his own place and I still live with her? or should I get my own place?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

It is hard to say but I think his violence trumps any negative associated with you living with your mother. You would just let the judge know the reason you live together and make it a positive that she is also a big help to you in caring for the kids.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I might be able to move out by he time court gets here but I don't want to leave if my mother isn't ready for that! If it came down to it though I would move in order to make sure my daughter stays safe
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

He is going to do whatever he can to look bad. I am not convinced living with your parent who is ailing would work against you and I explained how you might be able to make it a positive.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you still have some questions. I do not blame you for overthinking but you just need to tell the truth and explain your position.

Related Family Law Questions