How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** - I am trying to file a restraining

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** - I am trying to file a restraining order against someone - aquaintence - not a family member or someone that I have dated - he keeps threatening me - and now has threatened me with a gun
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he has attacked me 3 times and now is threatening me with a gun
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what your specific question is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Guess there is an acquaintance not a family member not someone that I dated who has attacked me three times physically and has since been threatening me with bodily harm and now has threatened me with a gun I did file a police report
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Again, do you have a question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get my money refunded I am not satisfied with the service
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

I want to assist you, but we're here to answer questions. You've stated what you're trying to do, but have not asked a question. Before I can answer a question I need to know what the question is...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I go about filing a restraining order
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Contact the police and say that you want a restraining order. You can also contact the court. We provide much more specific answers (that is, if they said you can't get a restraining order because of X, etc...) that might be a different matter, because then we could give you an answer on how to navigate the legal issues.

I'm going to opt out and send this to customer service for your refund.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you - I think that is best - not satisfied