How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116808
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there an agency to help us with our father. He's

Customer Question

Is there an agency to help us with our father. He's suffering from dementia. While helping we have some financial matters that lead us to believe he was taken advantage. A mortgage company and a bank for a second mortgage. He filed bankruptcy in 2009. these 2 matters happened right after that. is there an agency for us.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the only agency that can assist with this would be Adult Protective Services, since they investigate matters of financial abuse of the elderly or disabled. It would be up to them to investigate to determine if there is a case they can pursue against anyone or if the statute of limitations on any such claims may have expired.

Related Family Law Questions