Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is there an agency to help us with our father. He's

Customer Question
suffering from dementia. While helping...
Is there an agency to help us with our father. He's suffering from dementia. While helping we have some financial matters that lead us to believe he was taken advantage. A mortgage company and a bank for a second mortgage. He filed bankruptcy in 2009. these 2 matters happened right after that. is there an agency for us.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/25/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the only agency that can assist with this would be Adult Protective Services, since they investigate matters of financial abuse of the elderly or disabled. It would be up to them to investigate to determine if there is a case they can pursue against anyone or if the statute of limitations on any such claims may have expired.