Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My roommate and I were summoned to appear in court rent

Customer Question
Hi, I'm Kriselle and...

Hi, I'm Kriselle and my roommate and I were summoned to appear in court for late rent payment.

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No, we have our initial hearing on Friday but we're trying to get it dismissed since it was paid over a month ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me your email address, in case we get disconnected.

Customer:***@******.***

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Are you ready to speak with the Lawyer now?

Is it free?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

Oh.. okay, I think I'll pass. Thanks though

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/25/2016
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Ely, Counselor at Law