Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Jjhhhhh

Customer Question
jjhhhhh
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
In a divorce case i was tardy in listing a house for sale by a few months ( various reasons) because of this may be a ruling of comtempt from a Feb 17 court date as I didnt entertain showings for the house after it was on a MSL listing as the house was complately ready
over the past week i have done so and actually had a few showings
if I have complied with the order after the feb 17 hearing could I still be held in contempt? if so any idea what a judge can impose if found in contempt? in the mean time I have rectified what the court wants. the next hearing for the comtempt ruling is this thursday in Will county illinoisthank you
2/24/2016
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

It is unlikely that the Court would hold you in contempt if you have now done what you were ordered to do previously. The issue is now moot.