ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I needa lawyer that is suing mirapex,i am now a compulsive

Customer Question

i needa lawyer that is suing mirapex,i am now a compulsive gambler
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but am glad that you found out the cause. Yes, you do potentially have a case, as Mirapex has been scientifically associated with compulsive behavior (particularly gambling) in individuals that have no prior history of that type of behavior. To be able to win such a lawsuit, you're going to need to show a causal, "but for" relationship. That is, if you have never gambled before in your life, or at most only rarely, and that the gambling occurred after you started taking this, you could have the beginnings of a case.

There is apparently evidence indicating that the manufacturers knew about this side effect but failed to disclose it (and that's the main issue that you can pursue this based on).

That being said, you're going to need to have a lawyer to assist you in this matter. It's nearly impossible to pursue a product liability (medication) lawsuit "pro se" (without an attorney) given the evidence, testimony, pleading standard, as well as the experts needed to testify. And that being said, you need to contact an attorney in your area that deals with defective product / defective drug cases. Go to www.lawyers.com or www.legalmatch.com to find an attorney in your area. You should be able to find one that will give you a free initial consultation and better advise you of your rights, any problems with your case, likelihood of success, how courts are treating cases such as yours in your area, and what you should do next.

You can also do a search online for firms that specialize in Mirapex cases. This is a good idea because they will already have the information and expertise in bringing these cases to the defendant http://www.yourlawyer.com/topics/overview/mirapex is one such lawfirm, but you can (and should) do a search on the net for other firms that handle these cases and contact a couple of them to see about the strength of your case.

Most of the time these cases are "contingency", in that you won't owe anything if they don't get a recovery.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Hello?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it 3 or more stars (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!